This is THE BEST chocolate cake recipe out there! Easy, one-bowl recipe, moist and melt-in-your-mouth, with tons of deep chocolate flavor!
- For the chocolate cake layers
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 eggs large
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract For the cocoa simple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Generously mist three 8-inch diameter by 2-inch high cake pans with non-stick spray, and line with circles cut from parchment paper.
- Place the sugar, flours, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl, and whisk to combine.