Insanely delicious spicy taco spiced shrimp bowls loaded with cheese, black beans, corn, brown rice and tomato. Make a week’s worth of lunch in under 30 minutes.
- Spicy Shrimp:
- 20 medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder optional
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt For the assembly:
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn drained and rinsed
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon cilantro minced
- 1 lime cut into 4 slices
- 4 meal prep containers
- To cook the shrimp: In a medium bowl whisk together olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili and onion powders, and salt. Add in shrimp and toss to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate for for at least 10 minutes or up to 24 hours. Heat a large heavy-duty or cast iron skillet on high heat for 2 minutes. Add the olive oil and shrimp. Cook shrimp in a skillet on medium-high heat until pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- To assemble: Divide brown rice into 4 meal prep containers (1/2 cup each). Top with 5 shrimps, a scoop of black beans, corn, tomatoes, a sprinkle of cheese, cilantro and a slice of lime. Cover and refrigerate for a max of 4 days.
- To serve: Heat bowls in the microwave for 2 minutes or until heated throughly. Drizzle with lime juice and top with salsa, sour-cream or gucamole if desired.